Thursday, September 27, 2012

Green Space!

As much as I love Cuernavaca (and I really do!  It's a great city!), it's very urban and there's not a lot of green space in the city.  My house has no lawn or garden, there aren't very many parks, and it's hard to even get a glimpse of the city as a whole from my neighborhood.

So I was super excited when Mayra, my supervisor at ALEM, took me to a park to show me the site for one of our dance sessions!  It's pretty close to my house (about a 25 minute walk or a 5 minute bus ride), it's free, and it's GREEN!!!



so beautiful!


As a side note, these are the kittens that live at ALEM!  They are always one of the highlights of my day when I see them.

The black one is named Pirata (aka Pirate) and the orange one is named Garfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment